My home is a busy, hectic place at times with 4 kids and 4 fur-babies. I don't always have time to scrub the floors, shoo away the dust bunnies or fluff the pillows. BUT I want my house smelling fresh and clean as though I slaved for hours. Here are some clever hacks below for you try in your home.
1. Dryer Sheets - most people already have these at home however if not, they are fairly inexpensive and come in a variety of lovely scents. Attach a dryer sheet to a fan and let it stay on all day. The fan will allow the scent from the dryer sheet to fill the room without an overpowering expensive scent of an oil defuser or candle. Also, a dryer sheet can be placed in a drawer, between a couch pillow, closet, etc. to add a little freshness.
2. Vanilla is one of the most popular scents in the world. Try dabbing a small amount of vanilla onto a light bulb. As it heats up, your home will be smelling amazing in no time!
3. Our garbage disposal works hard at our home and often has a lingering unpleasant odor. Try pouring ice cubes into the garberator along with baking soda and let it grind away. The baking soda will neutralize any unpleasant odors!
4. Bathrooms start smelling musty and gross from stale urine...yuck. Using chemicals can be expensive and harmful, which is why this solution is perfect. Mix together lemon juice and baking soda until it forms a paste. Scrub the mixture on the toilet seat, the bowl, and the tank if need be. Let it sit for 15 minutes, then add 1/2 a cup of vinegar to the toilet and let it sit for another 15 minutes. Use a sponge to clean up the solution.
5. Boiling cinnamon sticks in water in a sauce pan will give your home a warm and cozy scent! You can also use ground cinnamon if that's all you have in the house, it will do the same thing!
6. Adding a couple drops of your favorite scent to the inside of your toilet paper roll can make sure the bathroom smells great without an added fixture!
7. Dishwashers are some of the worst culprits for stinky smells. A perfect way to solve this is lemon Kool-Aid! Add a handful of it to your dishwasher and then let it run while empty. Once it's done, your machine will smell lemony fresh!
8. Stinky garbage cans make the entire house smell bad. Even if you wash it, it still stinks! Try adding coffee grounds to the bottom of the can. They soak up any lingering smells and eliminate order!